I love the show Hell’s Kitchen! Gordon Ramsey and his brutal honesty are just fantastic, every time when I see how a new Beef Wellington I get these huuuuge cravings. Now I’ve decided to just do it!
700g beef sirloin
1 clove garlic
1 roll of puff pastry
2 egg yolks
- Salt and pepper the meat then sear it in a very hot pan with olive oil on all sides.
- Directly after that coat it with english mustard.
- Put Mushrooms in a blender, season with salt, pepper and a clove of garlic and blend into a mass.
- Then fry the mass in a hot frying pan, to allow liquid to escape. At the end add a little fresh chopped thyme.
- Let it cool and spread evenly on prosciutto (should be based on plastic wrap are so you can roll it better after) spread. Put beef in the middle. Then wrap it very tight, almost like a burrito, and put in the refrigerator.
- Put puff pastry on a plastic wrap and put the meat in the middle again (of course without the precious plastic wrap) Then roll and tighten it again. If there is any excess pastry simply cut it.
- Let it cool down a bit again and then remove plastic wrap. Brush with egg yolks and cut just a little bit like in the picture so it will look even better and salt the top with salt flakes.
- Put in oven 200 degrees about for about 35-45 minutes. (The core temperature should be around 53-55 ° C) after that let it rest for 10 minutes.
- And enjoy!
This post is also available in English!