I don’t have many cookie recipes, but I just have to share this special version of a classic with you. Whiskey balls! A little different in taste than rum balls, but the whiskey also goes perfectly together with chocolate. Rolled in pecans or cocoa powder- there is a favorite for everyone.
- 200 g dark chokolate, chopped
- 100 ml cream
- 150 g ground almonds
- 1 tsp grated orange zest
- 1 shot of whiskey
- 150 g butter room temperature
- 100 g roasted pecans
- 2-3 tbsp cocoa powder
- Heat cream and remove from heat, then stir in chocolate pieces and let melt completely.
- Add almonds, orange zest and whiskey and mix well. Then place in the refrigerator for about 1 hour.
- Then mix in the butter.
- Roast the pecans in a pan and chop them into small pieces in a chopper.
- Form equal-sized balls from the mixture and roll about half in pecans, the other half in cocoa powder.
- Place the finished whisky balls in praline molds and set aside to chill. Store in the refrigerator.
This post is also available in English!