Today I am giving you another recipe from my keto kitchen. I woke up super hungry and craving something sweet. The usual protein bread with some keto jam just sounded too boring to me. That’s why I prepared some keto pancakes for me. I usually never make Pancakes but this just seemed to be right at the moment.
You can use any toppings you like for these pancakes. In this case, I used the ingredients that were lying around in the kitchen. I still had some frozen berries, Nunux (something like Low Carb Nutella) and some nuts. What I think would also go really well with these pancakes is something creamy like greek yoghurt or sour cream. Just try it out and tell me about it in the comments!
Why am I doing this?
Today I wanna tell you a little more about my ketogenic lifestyle and why I am doing this so here are some of the good reasons to stick with it:
- Weightloss. Dieting without eating is just no option for me, that’s why this is just perfect for me. I am trying out new recipes almost everyday that I never would have tried without knowing of this way of eating.
- I am not as hungry anymore. I eat when I am hungry and thats max. 3 times a day now. Before I always got hungry so fast, like two hours after breakfast and I needed a snack.
- My skin is better. In case you have acne or any other skin problems this is the way to go!
There is lots of other benefits with this way of eating, I wish I could show you more detailed stuff but unfortunately I didn’t make a blood test yet.
Last but not least, the recipe for the delicious and fluffy keto pancakes!
Fluffy Keto Pancakes
- 4 eggs
- 50 g butter melted
- 40 g coconut flour or almond flour (70g)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons xylitol
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- frozen berries
- 1 tablespoon Nunux
- some almond milk just to make the nunux a bit more liquid
- Mix all the dry ingredients together, then mix the eggs in a bowl with butter and vanilla extract. Add the dry ingredients and stir thoroughly until a smooth dough is formed.
- Heat some butter in a pan. Place about 4 pancakes in one pan. To get the perfect shape you can use baking rings or some rings that are ok with the heat. Cook for about 4 minutes at low heat until the dough is firm and then turn around. Cook for another 30 sec to 1 min.
- Garnish with berries and Nunux. Enjoy!
This post is also available in English!