The leafs are changing their colors and summer comes to an end. Autumn is around the corner – but not for my barbecue! Over the summer I fell in love with my Weber BBQ and just won’t put it away that easily.
For this recipe I wanted to try something new. There have been plenty of stuffed fruit and veggies in the past, today I am just ging to stuff a pineapple with delicious chicken thighs. The flavours of the pineapple end up in the meat and make it super tender. Definitely try, if you want to have some delicious, flavourful and juicy chicken.
It’s important to scrape out the pineapple flesh gently to not destroy the shell. After you barbecue the meat on high heat just put it into the pineapple and wrap it up like a gift.
This time I even had help!
Chicken in BBQ pineapple
- 1 pineapple
- 4 pieces boneless chicken thighs
Marinade for chicken:
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp Harrissa powder
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 cloves of garlic
- salt and pepper
- Cut the pineapple in half lengthwise and carefully scrape out the flesh, the pineapple shell should not be damaged. Save cut out pieces for dessert.
- For the marinade, finely chop the garlic and mix it with the remaining ingredients. Then marinate the chicken in it for at least half an hour.
- Heat the barbecue to high heat and grill the chicken on both sides to sear it. Then put the chicken in the pineapple and tie it with a string.
- Place the pineapple on the barbecue and close the lid. Turn it after 25 minutes and grill for another 20 minutes.
- Then take it off the barbecue and let it rest for a short time.
- Cut the strings and enjoy!
This post is also available in English!