It’s already getting pretty autumnal in our house, and that’s not just the (colder) weather. We also started incorporating the best autumn vegetables and ingredients into our kitchen
In this recipe, we combined apple and pumpkin. A strange combination, you might think, but once you try it, you’ll be surprised how perfectly they fit together. The Hokkaido pumpkin is one of the most nutrient dense pumpkin varieties.
Of course, those aren’t the only ingredients we’re using today, head to the recipe to see it all. Whether vegetarian or with meat is up to you. Besides a salsiccia or a chorizo, bacon compliments the ingredients also really well.
With a few easy steps you can form the autumn brunch wreath and surprise your guests with this lovely snack.
Autumn Brunch Wreath
- 150 g salsiccia, spicy (optional)
- 100 g cheese (e.g.: provolone & cheddar)
- 2 spring onions
- 1 small apple
- 150 g Hokkaido pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg to brush the dough
- 200 g greek yoghurt
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp parsley, fresh
- 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 180°.
- Grate cheese into a bowl, cut open salsiccia, remove skin, crumble with fingers and add to the cheese.
- Finely chop the spring onions.
- Cut apple and pumpkin into small cubes.
- Beat eggs and mix with all remaining ingredients. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place baking paper on baking tray. Cut puff pastry into six triangles and put them over each other in a circle with the tips facing out.
- Place filling evenly around the hole in the center of the dough. (see pictures)
- Fold dough tips inward over the filling and press down.
- Brush the dough with beat egg and sprinkle with black sesame seeds and coarse sea salt.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes at 180°. If dough gets too dark, cover with aluminium foil for the rest of the time.
This post is also available in English!