I published a cookbook. Crazy right? For me, this little thing that I can now finally hold in my hands is a dream come true. A small cookbook, with simple recipes and a lot of love. Dream big! It will certainly not be my last cookbook. My next big dream is to photograph a beautiful high end coffee table book, but we’ll see how long that’ll take. I can already think of future cook book team that I am going to work with.
From now on I’ll add a recipe out of my cook book to my blog monthly and I will start this series with a great recipe: Prawn Burgers with Avocado Wasabi Cream. It may sound complicated, but it’s not. You mix different, finely chopped ingredients together, season them and then throw them on a grill. In my opinion, burgers are a great dish to eat and prepare together.
The good thing about burgers, everyone can add all the ingredients they want and your guests will always be happy and their tummys full!
(there is only a german version for now, but who knows what the future brings. Until then, stay tuned- new recipes from the book will be published on my blog in english regularly.)
Prawn Burgers with Avocado Wasabi Cream
- 500 g prawns ready to cook
- 1 cm piece ginger
- 1 spring onion
- 4 twigs coriander
- 80 g old white bread
- 2 El Sojasauce
- 1 TL Sesamöl
- 1 avocado
- 1 organic lemon
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1-2 tsp Wasabi paste
- salt and pepper
Burger and toppings:
- 4 burger rolls
- 1 handful red cabbage
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp peanuts unsalted
- 2 stems coriander
- Finely chop the prawns. Peel and chop the ginger. Clean, wash and chop the spring onion. Wash the coriander, shake dry and chop. Grate the white bread.
- Mix the prepared ingredients well in a bowl add the soy sauce and the sesame oil.
- For the burger sauce cut avocado in half and remove seed. Remove the flesh from the skin with a spoon and place in a blender. Wash the lemon, dry with kitchen towel and finely grate the zest. Cut the lemon in half and press out 1 half.
- Put the lemon zest, juice, mayonnaise and wasabi paste into the mixer and puree everything. Season with salt and pepper.
- Prepare 4 patties from the shrimp mixture, make them a little bigger than the size of the burger bread.
- Set a Teppanyaki grill to medium heat and grill the patties on both sides for about 5 minutes.
- Cut the burger buns open and grill them on the insides.
- Clean, wash and grate the red cabbage. Marinate with olive oil and salt. Chop the peanuts. Wash the coriander, shake dry and pluck the leaves.
- Coat the base of each burger with avocado cream and cover with 1 shrimp patty and red cabbage. Spread peanuts and coriander leaves on top and cover with the top of the bread.
This post is also available in English!