In times of corona lockdowns and the #staythefuckhome era some of you might eat a little more than usual, I do for sure. To avoid putting on 10 kg corona weight, I decided to join the hype train of intermittent fasting. I eat between 2pm and 10pm and the rest of the day there is just water and coffee.
Anyways, that means that I basically start my day with brunch. So today you’re gonna get a breakfast salad inspiration and recipe from me. I love, love, love salads and will show you my current favorite dressing. Serve with a few slices of toasted bread et voilà, perfect breakfast salad!
- 2-4 eggs
- 2 tbsp pine nuts roastet
- 80 g feta
- 2-3 handful of spinach
- 4 tomatoes
- 1/4 red onion
- 1 avocado
- 1-2 tbsp lemon olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp mustard tarragon, English or Dijon
- Bring water to the boil and boil eggs in it for 5-6 minutes. Take them out and rinse them under cold water.
- Roast pine nuts in a pan without oil.
- Meanwhile mix all the ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl.
- Peel the onion and cut into fine slivers.
- Cut the tomatoes into wedges.
- Separate avocado from skin and remove core, then cut into cubes.
- Marinate tomatoes, avocado, spinach and onion with the dressing.
- Divide the salad onto two plates.
- Peel the eggs and lay them on top. Crumble the feta on top and garnish with pine nuts.
This post is also available in English!